For those of you that don't know... right before I ordered my new TV, I also upgraded my remote. Previously I was using a Logitech Harmony 550 (now replaced by the Harmony 510). This was cool enough. I mean, the Activities functions are so much easier when you have many devices to control for everything I watch.
At any given time, 3 different devices are probably on. TV + Receiver + (cable box, PS3 or Wii). And switching between them with multiple remotes would be a total PITA - like when a blu-ray movie is over on the PS3 and we switch back to cable or vice versa.
So like I was saying, these remotes are handy. And being the baller that I am, I had to have the best for my new awesome TV. The Harmony 1100 instantly came to mind. This thing is a beast... 3.5" touchscreen, controls MANY devices, customizable channels/buttons, programming, etc. It's a lot of win if you ask me. Ok, so I didn't pay retail for it. Scored a pretty good deal on eBay - so I didn't feel so bad about the ridiculously high price tag.
Anyway... on to the point of this post. As part of the "customization" of the remote, you can even set a background or wallpaper on the device. One of the common ones I use between my many computers is a very simple carbon fiber or cf background. It's clean, simple, and works with anything. So I made one the proper size for the 1100. And I though I would offer it here if anyone else wants to use it.
If you like to use it for yours, click just follow the instructions below for working with the Logitech software...
Set a custom wallpaper for your Harmony 1100:
- Right Click the image to the right and use Save Image As... or Save Picture As... and save it somewhere familiar (Desktop?).
- Then open up your Logitech Harmony Remote software and log in.
- Click the Remote Settings tab.
- Click Set a Background.
- Scroll down in the new window and choose Add Image at the bottom.
- Click the Browse button to find the image you just saved and then click Done.
- When you return the background selection page, verify the radio button is selected next to the background you just added.
- Click Save.
- Then use Update Remote like you normally would.
Enjoy your new background. I've found that this one works quite well as it is pretty neutral and dark. I haven't encountered any screens yet where it looked out of place or distorted or anything like that.