Being an IT person, I guess I could share what I actually use for my computers daily… nothing fancy or anything, but they get me from a to b on the internets. I have two systems… a desktop that I built from scratch and a laptop that happens to be made by a fruit company. I’m not going to get into specific models of everything, just some basic info/specs.
- Lian-Li Black Brushed Aluminum Case (pictured)
- Rosewill Stallion 450W Power Supply
- Intel Motherboard (G965 Express)
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.2 GHz (E4500)
- 4 GB Crucial Memory (DDR2 800, PC2 6400)
- XFX GeForce 8600 GTS (256 MB GDDR3)
- 74 GB Western Digital Raptor for OS (10,000 RPM)
- 1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black for Storage
- 1 TB Hitachi Deskstar for Backup
- Encore 802.11n Wireless PCI Card
- Windows 7 Professional
She’s not much of a supercomputer, but does what I need to do without much whining. I’d like to build another some day but it’s not very high on my list. My monitor is an old 18″ NEC LCD that I got while still in college – at least I’m getting my $500 out of it!
The laptop is not much of a list. It is just a Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Late 2007 13″ Apple Macbook. I use it mainly for playing on the internet on the couch or wherever. I also do some very light video editing with it. There is much more Apple gear spread throughout the apartment though. As I’ve detailed previously, my home network is 100% Apple – complete with Time Machine backups to a 500 GB Western Digital connected to the Airport Extreme. Delicious.